While it is not yet ready for prime time, netbook re-imagers might want to keep the Moblin project on their radar:

http://moblin.org/community/blogs/imad/2009/moblin-v20-beta-netbooks-and-nettops-its-here

Here is the blurb from their Beta page:

"The Moblin steering committee is happy to release the Moblin v2.0 beta for Netbooks and Nettops for developer testing. With this release, developers can begin to experience and work with the source code of the visually rich, interactive user interface designed for Intel Atom based Netbooks. The Moblin v2.0 user experience has been designed from the ground up to provide unique ways to engage with the internet, aggregate your social networking activity, and enjoy your media content."

Bryant