Thanks ... will add to my summer cleanup duties.

BC

-----Original Message-----
From: School Information Technology Discussion
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Bob Wickberg
Sent: May 06, 2009 8:20 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: conflicker ~ I caught it

There's a microsoft utility, delprof, that deletes entire profiles, which
would include temp internet files.   There's a command line switch that
allows you to delete only profiles not used in x days.  I have a script set
up to run whenever the library PCs are shut down, that deletes all profiles
not used in 30 days.  That way, if a student accidentally leaves an
important file in the my docs folder, they can go back and get it, for a
while.  But unused profiles are regularly deleted.  Running it at shutdown
assures that it will generally only run when no one cares how long it takes
to run.  It can take quite a while if there are lots of profiles to clean
up.

Obviously you don't want to take this approach on machines that kids are
supposed to be saving files on, but I assume this would only be servers.

Bob Wickberg
Technology Coordinator
802-451-3418