It's a long shot, but you might be able to create an installer using InstallRite (http://www.epsilonsquared.com/installrite.htm).

-bj

----- Original Message -----
From: "Melissa Hayden-Raley" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, May 4, 2009 3:13:20 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Connect to Multiple WAPs

Hi All,
We have 6 or so wireless access points at each building, each with a
different SSID.  After you "reseal" XP, it forgets the list of approved
wireless access points that it can connect to, and I have to manually
reconnect it to an AP before it will automatically reconnect again.  I
would love, love, love to script this so that I can just run one batch
file or vbs file and it will 'approve' the list of 6 APs without me having
to walk within the range of each one and connect to it.  (Not that I do
that now, but I have to teach almost every laptop user how to connect,
sometimes repeatedly.  They never read the documentation I give them.)

We're going to a unified wireless network with only one SSID in the
future, but for the time being I would be thrilled if I could script it
and take away one more little headache.

I've spent a shameful amount of time on Google today trying to solve this,
but I haven't found anything that will quite do it.  In Vista (I finally
found something good about it) I just have to use the command:
netsh wlan connect=WAP-SSID
but XP doesn't have an equivalent in its version of netsh.  I can use the
Wireless Network Setup Wizard in XP to create a USB thumb drive that has
SetupSNK.exe on it, which I can modify the XML file to customize it to a
WAP.  However...
a) can only have one WAP per XML file, one XML file per USB key
b) only works when you "autorun" the USB drive when you insert it, which
doesn't happen reliably (and probably for good reason)
c) can't just create separate folders and double-click on the setupsnk on
each one
d) setupsnk doesn't appear to have any commandline options to script with

So .. maybe this can't be done.  But if someone out there has figured it
out, I'm all ears!!  (Or eyes as the case may be.)

Melissa Hayden-Raley
IT Technician
Milton Town School District
Need computer help? http://helpdesk.mtsd-vt.org