Hi all,

Believe it or not, it's time to start planning the fall technology conference! Please contact me or Ed if you have any questions.

Thanks!
Sue

>>> Ed Barry <[log in to unmask]> 05/18/09 8:32 AM >>><[log in to unmask]>
Vermont Fest 2009
November 5th & 6th
Pre-conference workshops – November 4th

Call for Presenters

The Vermont Fest 2009 planning team is seeking individuals or small teams who are interested in presenting at this  fall’s conference.  We will consider all types of presentation but are especially interested in the following:

·      Integration of Web 2.0 tools and sites into the curriculum

·      New approaches to teaching & learning through technology.

·      Effective use of Internet resources.

·      Integration of technology into the content areas at all levels.

·      Technology integration with an emphasis on teaching strategies and practices that support it.

·      All forms of Distance Learning

·      Examples of technology supporting 21st Century Skills.

·      Technology integration of students with special needs.

·      New and innovative uses of technology in the school setting

·      Special projects that take advantage of technology tools

·      New software applications or new applications of old software.

·      Open Source Applications for Effective Teaching

·      Technology Leadership inSchools.

INFORMATION NEEDED: If you are interested in presenting please send your

-      Your name

-       School/district

-      Grade level(s)

-      Position,

-      Workshop description (keepit around 75 words or less) with a creative title

The workshop title and write up is key in attracting people to your session.  I would be happy to provide assistance/editing if you would like.  We do reserve the right to edit write-ups.

COMPLEMENTARY ADMISSION - VITA-Learn gives ONE complementary admission for the day you are presenting.

PRE-CONFERENCE WORKSHOPS.  If you are interested in presenting a 3-hour hands-onworkshop on Wednesday from 6:00 – 9:00 please let me know. VITA-Learn pays a stipend for these workshops.<[log in to unmask]>
Please e-mail the information requested to Ed Barry at  [mailto:[log in to unmask]][log in to unmask] no later than June 12th.

As always, please let me know if you have any questions.

Ed

Ed Barry
Director of Information Technology Services
Milton Town School District
42 Herrick Avenue
Milton, VT  05468
(802)893-3210  FAX 893-3227