My opinion of this is that he is totally clueless about the POLITICS
behind war.  War is not just a random series of killings, there is a
political
reason behind all these killings, and this guy and his team totally fail
to consider the political dimension. When they "extract the key pieces of
data"  they ignore the political dimension entirely, they discard the
back story and the causal relations between the economic and political
factors and war.   War is not just an isolated series of killings, it is
"politics conducted by other - violent - means" as Clausewitz said, and
that principle has been totally lost here.

David Westman