I have it now, thanks. Rita

-----Original Message-----
From: Smith, Matthew G. <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Tue, 5 May 2009 4:06 pm
Subject: Re: AVF's post op

Rita,

use CPT: G0365 with V72.83 (pre-op) and renal disease 593.9 for patient’s first mapping for an AVF.  This includes the venous and arterial scan.  Don’t add 93971(venous) and/or 93931(arterial) to the G code or you’re double/triple billing the patient.  Only use 93971 if you must re-map the patient after their first mapping.  I don’t believe you can bill for an arterial and venous study on the same day.

 Matt