We did birding around VT and NH yesterday, having some interesting
insects as well as birds.  Photos below, but first an ID question.

I've flagged this bird:

http://juliesmagiclightshow.com/4846.php
http://juliesmagiclightshow.com/4845.php
http://juliesmagiclightshow.com/4845.php

as a common yellowthroat, but nothing in the literature I've seen
indicates a possibility for a Spring CY with a black beak.  Is that
just a mistake in the literature or is it possible I've got something
more unusual?  I'm still going with common yellowthroat, but the
black beak confuses me.

Okay, photos from yesterday:
--------------------------------

This blackburnian warbler was a real treat during a short hike up
Pitcher Mountain this morning [Mon, May 25, 2009, Pitcher Mountain,
Stoddard, NH]

http://juliesmagiclightshow.com/4927.php

http://juliesmagiclightshow.com/4928.php

Mystery butterfly/moth [Mon, May 25, 2009, Pitcher Mountain, Stoddard, NH]

http://juliesmagiclightshow.com/4929.php

Mystery damselfly [Mon, May 25, 2009, Pitcher Mountain, Stoddard, NH]

http://juliesmagiclightshow.com/4930.php

http://juliesmagiclightshow.com/4931.php

Mystery dragonfly [Mon, May 25, 2009, Pitcher Mountain, Stoddard, NH]

http://juliesmagiclightshow.com/4932.php

Backyard House Finch [Mon, May 25, 2009]

http://juliesmagiclightshow.com/4933.php

http://juliesmagiclightshow.com/4934.php

Backyard chipping sparrow, with lunch [Mon, May 25, 2009]

http://juliesmagiclightshow.com/4935.php

Mystery backyard moth [Mon, May 25, 2009]

http://juliesmagiclightshow.com/4936.php

http://juliesmagiclightshow.com/4937.php

http://juliesmagiclightshow.com/4938.php

I went to brush something off my face and realized it was this
spider.  After it landed on the ground, I tried taking a few pictures
in the hopes I could get someone to help me ID it. [Mon, May 25, 2009]

http://juliesmagiclightshow.com/4939.php

Downy woodpecker on suet feeder [Mon, May 25, 2009]

http://juliesmagiclightshow.com/4940.php

This house finch family all popped onto the feeder pole at once.  I
had to get a few photos [Mon, May 25, 2009]

http://juliesmagiclightshow.com/4941.php

http://juliesmagiclightshow.com/4942.php

House finch fledgling.  It just stood there squeaking waiting for
someone to come feed it until it figured out how to use the feeder
itself. [Mon, May 25, 2009]

http://juliesmagiclightshow.com/4943.php

American goldfinch on thistle feeder. [Mon, May 25, 2009]

http://juliesmagiclightshow.com/4944.php

Song sparrow grazing off of feeder seed. [Mon, May 25, 2009]

http://juliesmagiclightshow.com/4945.php

Backyard common yellowthroat. [Mon, May 25, 2009]

http://juliesmagiclightshow.com/4946.php

	this is not true.

			--Robert Wilensky