I am forwarding this from Bob Dill:

>Ken,
>
>I am in the midst of the sign-up process for VTBIRD but have not achieved
access yet.  Please post the following:

>This morning at 7:00,  I spotted three egrets in the beaver pond  where the
stream coming out of Shelburne Pond crosses Rt 116.  >They were all with in
20 feet of each other and two of them were clearly Great Egrets.  The one in
the middle was distinctly shorter >(60-70%? as tall) and appeared to have a
black bill.  All had dark legs.  No feet were visible.  I had neither
binoculars or a camera >so I did not get a proper look but...is a Snowy
plausible?  Or an immature Great Egret?

>Thanks,
>
>Bob Dill

--Ken Copenhaver