Not having seen the pole in question, yes, there is considerable
risk of electrocution and a consequent power outage.  The
osprey's wingspan is long enough to accidentally reach wires on
either side of a common utility pole and zap.  It happens a lot.

If you can find out the power company that serves the area, you
would be doing them (and the birds) a favor to alert them.  It's
not an easy problem to solve since the birds can be incredibly
persistent about rebuilding a nest once they've started, but it's
certainly in the power company's interest to at least try to
discourage them.

Jane
Shoreham