I have seen this behavior in Orlando, FL during early spring migration.

Sue Wetmore
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Phillips" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 3:05:56 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] foot quivering

We've noticed this with Hermit Thrush, but in the open yard, without the
leaves. At one point a couple of weeks ago we had 8 of them in the yard at
one time, and several of them were doing a little one-footed stomp. I also
spotted one doing it earlier this week. It seems like I've heard that
robins will do that, too. Perhaps it's common to the thrush family in
general.

Jim Phillips

Sunderland