Oh, that's good news!  It occurs to me that these could well be
young birds making their first nest, especially since right by
the road isn't the kind of place Osprey are usually comfortable
having a nest.  So it's possible these guys were just doing
what's sometimes called "housekeeping," fooling around
experimenting with courtship and nest-building but not following
through this year.

It would still be good to get that pole retrofitted, if GMP is
willing, since they might remember and try again seriously next year.

Jane (2)
Shoreham