I decided to take advantage of this drizzly morning and took a trip
out Dead Creek. A stop on Gage Road paid off very nicely. I got some
great looks at a Grasshopper Sparrow singing his head off. He was
singing the whole time I was there (about 30 minutes), but I only got
to see him for about 10 seconds when a Savannah Sparrow chased him up
to the top of a grass stalk. Also, I saw 2 Upland Sandpipers, both
were in the road. I also heard at least 3 Upland Sanpipers singing in
the fields the entire time I was there. Other interesting birds here
were several Bobolinks, 2 Horned Larks, and an Eastern Meadowlark.