 Over past week or so, we have been regularly seeing the black crowned night heron just below the dam.? We were wondering if this is likely the same bird previously seen deeper in marsh on road toward pond or likely a different bird.? Unsure about the typical hunting/fishing "range" of this type of bird.? Kay and Rob in Hinesburg

-----Original Message-----
From: Nancy Goodrich <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wed, 6 May 2009 9:42 pm
Subject: [VTBIRD] Black crowned night heron, others

This afternoon around 4:00pm on Rte. 116 at the "beaver dam/Shelburne Pond
outlet stream" yielded no egrets but lots of other activity: one black
crowned night heron just below the dam, 1 solitary sandpiper, 2 pr. blue
wing teal, a wood duck pair, mallard pair,1 great blue heron. Across the
road in the marsh,several Canada geese, one appeared to be on a nest. Later,
on Bostwick Rd.in Shelburne no further sign of osprey activity on the power
pole.Nancy Goodrich, Shelburne