 Any notice of whippoorwills farther north in VT?

Rob was fond of listening to these birds when he was growing up in Saxton's River in the 30s but has not heard them since he returned to VT in the past decade.? Rob and Kay in Hinesburg

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce and Mary Lou <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Tue, 5 May 2009 8:18 am
Subject: [VTBIRD] Hummer

     I was listening to, and enjoying, the Baltimore orioles singing across the
road yesterday while cleaning and putting up fresh feeders along with the
hummingbird feeder.  Shortly thereafter, I saw the meteoric flight of something
through the yard that was too big and fast to be a beetle and too small to be a
bird.  My hummer is back!  I also heard my FOY Whippoorwills up on Miller Hill
last night.  Miller Hill is out RT.73 and just west of Brandon.

Mary Lou Webster
Brandon