This morning between 6 and 11, 76 species were seen and heard with a total
of 15 warblers. All sightings were from Farr Cross Road, Gage Road, Wilmarth
Woods, Snake Mountain (including the summit), and Townhouse Road (off of
Nortontown Road). There were some notable absences at Townhouse Road, where
they had redesigned the culvert/drainage system and consequently created
much marshier conditions on the east side of the trail--Northern Harrier
bred there in years past but were scarce this morning as were Field
Sparrows, which I have seen there every time I've visited previously--and at
Wilmarth Woods, where I was unable to locate either the Golden-winged
Warbler or the Cerulean Warbler. I was also surprised not to have added Pine
Warbler to my list this morning despite the formerly trusty White Pines on
Snake Mountain.

   1. American bittern (Nortontown Road...heard only)
   2. Green heron
   3. Canada goose
   4. Mallard
   5. Turkey vulture
   6. Hawk sp.
   7. Falcon sp.
   8. Wild turkey
   9. Killdeer
   10. Solitary sandpiper
   11. Lesser yellowlegs.
   12. Rock pigeon
   13. Mourning dove
   14. Downy woodpecker
   15. Northern flicker
   16. Pileated woodpecker (heard only)
   17. Eastern Wood-pewee
   18. YELLOW-BELLIED FLYCATCHER (snake mountain...heard only)
   19. Willow flycatcher (heard only)
   20. Least flycatcher (heard only)
   21. Eastern phoebe (heard only)
   22. Great crested flycatcher (heard only)
   23. Eastern Kingbird
   24. Red-eyed vireo
   25. Blue-headed vireo
   26. Blue jay
   27. Common Raven
   28. American Crow
   29. Barn swallow
   30. Tree swallow
   31. B-c chickadee
   32. Red-breasted nuthatch (Snake Mountain...heard only)
   33. White-breasted nuthatch (heard only)
   34. House wren (Nortontown Road...heard only)
   35. Marsh wren (Nortontown Road...heard only)
   36. American Robin
   37. Wood thrush
   38. Hermit thrush (Snake Mountain...heard only)
   39. Gray catbird
   40. Brown thrasher
   41. Starling
   42. Yellow warbler
   43. Magnolia warbler
   44. Black-throated Blue Warbler
   45. Chesnut-sided warbler
   46. Blackburnian warbler
   47. Yellow-rumped warbler
   48. Black-throated green warbler
   49. Blackpoll Warbler
   50. Black-and-white Warbler
   51. American Redstart
   52. TENNESSEE WARBLER
   53. Ovenbird
   54. Northern Waterthrush
   55. WILSON'S WARBLER (heard only)
   56. Common Yellowthroat
   57. Scarlet Tanager
   58. Northern Cardinal
   59. Rose-breasted Grosbeak
   60. Eastern Towhee
   61. Chipping Sparrow (heard only)
   62. GRASSHOPPER SPARROW (2 at Gage Road...heard only)
   63. Savannah Sparrow
   64. VESPER SPARROW (Farr Cross Road...heard only)
   65. White-throated Sparrow
   66. Song Sparrow
   67. Swamp Sparrow (several at Townhouse Road, where previously there were
   few and scattered)
   68. Dark-eyed Junco (Snake Mountain...heard only)
   69. Eastern Meadowlark (Gage Road...heard only)
   70. Bobolink
   71. Brown-headed Cowbird
   72. Red-winged Blackbird
   73. Common Grackle