Hoping to find one of the winged warblers, we spent an hour this morning
birding Marton Road near the Windsor Correctional Facility. Great to see
a hybrid singing a mostly Blue-winged song - with an occasional extended
ending - and then up the hill we found a pure Blue-winged, perhaps the
bird Ken saw yesterday (see below). Judging from the lack of tail
feathers, it may have been lucky to be alive!
Spencer Hardy, Norwich

Location:     Marton Rd. near SESCF in Windsor
Observation date:     5/24/09
Random highlights only:

Ruffed Grouse     1
Sharp-shinned Hawk     1  (low flyby... great)
Cooper's Hawk     1  (higher flyby)
Alder Flycatcher     3
Common Raven     2
Blue-winged Warbler     1     male, missing all but one tail feather,
which had grown in pure white.
Brewster's Warbler (hybrid)     1
Magnolia Warbler     1
Eastern Towhee     2  (pair, great views)

This report was generated automatically by eBird v2(http://ebird.org/vt)