As we get into June and the late migrants have passed, be on the alert for
singing Bay-breasted Warblers at Moose Bog. I found a nest with young in a
black spruce between the bog and 105 in the late 80s or early 90s. ( I think
this was only the second record for the state). I also found several
Wilson's Warbler singing on territory way off-road in Yellow Bogs. I
remember Bernd Heinrich telling me that when you get off your 'usual' routes
and explore new pathways is when you make the really interesting
discoveries. Some of the territory in the Nulhegan Basin is difficult ot
access, yet it may be worth the effort!

George Lisi, Woodbury ~