-----Original Message-----
From: Gregory Askew <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Sun, 3 May 2009 11:53 am
Subject: [VTBIRD] Cape May Warbler and Rusty Blackbird

There was a sizable gathering of warblers and other migrants this morning around the Hawkins Slang boat launch. The best highlight of the morning for me was a male Cape May Warbler (a life bird) among a flock of predominantly Yellow-rumpeds. Also present were at least 2 Palm Warblers (both races and both singing slightly different songs...the Western was more chattery and less "sweet" than the Eastern), at least 2 Nashville, 1 Pine, 1 Yellow, 1 Blue-gray Gnatcatcher, and 1 Rusty Blackbird that offered wonderful views as it fed on the floor of the flooded woodland.?
?
I had a mammal first this morning as well...near Fort Cassin Road I had a Bobcat cross in front of my car...a handsome little brute.?
?
Greg?
Vergennes?

Hi Greg- Where is Hawkins Slang? Sounds like quite a spot- Laurie Casserly