A woman came to the office and described foot-quivering in what she
described as Wood Thrush.  Bird would place a foot on a leaf and wiggle
the leaf and observe, presumably for prey items escaping.  I looked at
the Birds of North America and could not find such a behavior recorded
for Wood Thrush but found it described under the account of Hermit
Thrush.  She might have mis ID the bird.  Has anyone here seen this
behavior before?  And with what birds?

I must confess a degree of envy.  This woman lives, I believe, off the
grid on 300 acres of mature forest somewhere in the Orange area.  She is
always coming in with wonderful "Guess what I saw yesterday..." stories.

Bill Barnard

Northfield