At 12:37 today I found a scissor-tailed flycatcher sitting on the telephone wire on Old Depot Road in Arlington. It was located in the area just below Whimsy Farm passed the railroad track the third pole on the right-pole #91. It was catching insects. It then went across to the wetland and sat on one of the dead trees. After almost 45 minutes it finally went back toward the railroad tracks and the meadow area next to Whimsy Farm. I luckily took three friends with me to witness the sight and I will have some photos when they get them to me. How does one report a rare bird sighting? It may be worth checking all the wet areas for a few days to see if someone else can spot it and if it will hang around.

Barbara Powers

Manchester Center

HotmailŪ goes with you.