This morning I started off at Farrell access looking for and finding two Orchard Oriole, male and female, a life bird for me. Also there I found a Blackpoll Warbler and three White-crowned Sparrows. I also saw an interesting Goose paired with a Canada Goose. It looked like a Domestic, but it might have also been Domestic/Canada backcross. It had an orange bill and feet and was generally white in coloring but a pale gray wash over it's neck wings and flanks suggested a hint of Canada Goose plumage.

On my way out of the Farrell Access I spotted a group of 8 Semipalmated Plover, 2 Killdeer and 1 Least Sandpiper in a wet spot in a field on Jersey St.

Then went to the Brilyea Access. I stopped at the first pull-off to glass the reeds and had a Brown Thrasher fly past my car. When I got out to get a better look, a flock of 36 Dowitcher flushed out of the reeds nearby. They flew back and forth a few times before settling down in the same spot they had taken off from allowing me to get a good look through my Scope. All clearly Short-billed Dowitcher except for two that I thought might be Long-billed with rufous bellies, but on further review with the big Sibley, I can't say that I saw enough to rule out the Prairie Short-billed. A flock of 16 Least Sandpiper also flushed out of the same area.

After that I walked the East trail in search of migrant Warblers. My trip down the trail was uneventful with just the expected locals. On my way back however, I ran into the most remarkable cluster of Warblers I've ever seen in my life. All within about a 10 meter radius of trees and shrubs, I found 2 Blackpoll Warblers, 3 Northern Parula, 1 Tennessee Warbler (F), 2 Redstart, 1 Magnolia Warbler, 1 Black-throated Blue Warbler (F), 1 Black-throated Green Warbler, and the grand prize, 2 Bay-breasted Warbler, another life bird!

Ron Payne
Middlebury, VT