At 8:30 PM tonight I was walking along my driveway at my home of almost 11 years, and I was marveling at the good fortune I have to be able to hear wood thrushes, hermit thrushes, veeries and robins whilst standing in one place. A plethera of thrush melodies. I was taken totally by surprise to hear a swainson's thrush close by, singing its veery-in-reverse song clear as could be. Never in all my years here has a swainson's been seen, much less heard singing. I can't help but wonder if there is a mate with it.

I always feel as though spring migration is basically complete when I hear the FOY E. wood peewee singing. Last night it was not heard, but tonight it was peeweeing in the creeping darkness of the evening. I secretly hate that spring is coming to an end and the thickness of summer will soon take its place. No more FOY's to make your heart leap.

Jane S.

Saint George