BMJ is over $3000 if you want it online.  I think I paid $3300 for this year.  It does give me some back files, but it's still outrageous.

Mary A. Hanson, M.S.L.
Saint Mary's Health Sciences Library
200 Jefferson SE
Grand Rapids, MI  49503

voice:  616-685-6260
fax:  616-685-6419

>>> Carolyn Baker <[log in to unmask]> 05/18/2009 12:42 PM >>>
I just received my invoice for price increases for 2009 -- never a happy occasion.  But one of them just floored me.  BMJ is listed at a price increase for 2009 of more than $300.00 -- that is in addition to the over $800.00 I have already paid.   That makes the journal cost over $1100.00.  If the increase is $300+ for the 2009 year what will it be next year?

If BMJ is at MLA, will some of you ask them why the huge increase?  This is one of those journals that should be in the library, but it means that I may have to drop 1-2 others to pay for this.  I don't see my budget increasing next year and I will be lucky if it stays the same.

Carolyn Baker, MLS
Head Medical Librarian
Baptist Health Little Rock
501-202-1109 (Phone)
501-202-1318 (FAX)
Find It @ Your Library
IMPORTANT NOTICE - The information (both of the message and any
attachments) contained in this message is intended only for the use
of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may
contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt
from disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for
delivering it to an intended recipient, or has received this
message in error, you are hereby notified that we do not consent to
any reading, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message
and any such actions are strictly prohibited.  If you have received
this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and
destroy the transmitted information.