The vigorous Dr Lenny Horowitz expounds this ace conspiracy theory
(but as we all know, no conspiracies occur lately ;-) ) at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBeKB7aKzOs

I don't know what to make of this, and would therefore be grateful
for informed comment.
  Horowitz seems to be instrumental in the dubious  www.oxysilver.com/
whose website includes some highly implausible claims.

I asked an M.D Ph.D (NYU) friend of mine about Horowitz's theory of
GM-H1N1; he thought it broadly plausible, and mentioned tangentially
but strikingly:-

when I went back to the MD-PhD annual party, there on the stage was
the new director of the program, and
the emcee of the event, Dr. David Sabatini, a good friend of Todaro
and Basillico.  So, at an appropriate
part of the proceedings, when the floor was opened to questions, I
swallowed my fear and asked Sabatini, whom I
knew more than slightly (although I wouldn't call him a "colleague"),
to comment on the fact that NYU was the leading educational
institutional recipient of US germ warfare research dollars, as
revealed by congressional records.  He froze, got a really dirty look
on his face, and said, in an ice-cold voice, "We're going to go the
next question".