At 09:37 PM 6/2/2009, you wrote:
>The Rangely area is probably the moose capital of Maine.  There are
>a crazy number of them in that area.

One time about 10 years ago, my girlfriend and I were on our way back
from a Cirque du Soleil show in Montreal.  We came into Maine through
Dixville Notch - it was early May.  Between the notch and Route Two,
we counted more than 40 moose.

Scary. But not the scariest.  Damn near got killed by a moose about 6
years ago.  And I hit a deer on the Maine Turnpike in November.  I
was doing 70.  Fortunately, me, the dog and the car all
recovered.  The deer wasn't as lucky.