It's the moose you don't see that are the problem.

Bolton flats, June 3 2003.  I hit one around 11:00pm while driving my
MINI north on route 89.  I was insanely lucky to walk away unscratched.

I never saw it.  I had the cruise set at 70mph and didn't steer, hit
the brakes, anything until after the crash.  And it was on a straight
stretch of road - just before the overpass for the Bolton access road.

Like Matt, for a long time I was really spooked to be driving around
at night.

Jason