From: Mark P. Renson <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2009 7:32:06 AM
Subject: [SKIVT-L] Mt Washington NH 20090523

The warm spell last week put a massive dent in the snowpack.  It was a quiet day and Roger joined us in the Bowl.  He hiked up the lower Sluice and made some classic turns including some nice double pole plants.  I followed afterwards and had enjoyable turns in the leftover old corn, avoiding the crevasses on skiers right in the Bowl.  I was surprised later on when I received many compliments for doing turns with style.  But then again, I had to make them turns as well as possible in order to fill in the big tracks left behind.

Did a short run in lower Chute with Ranger Jeff and Patroller Jim afterwards, ending the season on a high note with fun turns with friends, they way a season oughtta' end.

It's over.  It's sad.

Paddled yesterday and ran the Gap for the first time ever.

Hump Day is in 2 months.

Mark P. Renson - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - SkiVt-L is brought to you by the University of Vermont.