I think the "worst of times" categorization  in regard to skiing should only apply to a common ski season time frame when lifts are operating or should be operating and conditions preclude that.  Now is more like the "lack of times."  You can't have the worst of conditions if conditions are really not expected to exist. Radical Mt Washington efforts and other geographical areas such as West of the Mississippi apply only to themselves. Get out and enjoy life.  Three things we can all be sure will occur are death, taxes and seasonal change and we can't stop any of them.  Jimski