From: Medical Libraries Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
On Behalf Of Patricia Warner
Sent: Friday, June 26, 2009 2:17 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Best database for medical journal/scientific articles?

Science Direct, from what I understand, chooses not to be listed with
PubMed

Patricia "Pat" Warner, MLIS
Hospital Librarian/CME Coordinator
Memorial Hospital Gulfport
P.O. Box 1810
Gulfport, MS  39502
228.865-3616
is
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
confidential

distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please
contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the
original
message.

>>> "Barbara Silverbush" <[log in to unmask]> 6/26/2009 12:42 PM >>>
I just did a PubMed.gov search for articles about a specific drug, and
didn't come up with much.  Then I did a search on ScienceDirect.com, and
I came up with a few articles that I did not find on PubMed.  I was
under the impression that Pubmed was the most comprehensive database out
there...am I wrong?  Is there another database that I should be using?
Is PubMed not updated regularly?  Or is it just that certain journals
are not indexed on PubMed?

Barbara Silverbush, MLS
Project Director
Center for Marketing Intelligence, Interpublic Group
New York, NY 10010