From: Technology Discussion at UVM [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Dean Williams
Sent: Friday, July 31, 2009 2:19 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: More ESET theory and speculation

As ETS continues to seek help from ESET, thanks to all for sharing
experiences.  ESET has responded with a request for more information.

FWIW, I can use the ESET GUI without triggering ekrn.exe to hog the
CPU.  The only thing that consistently triggers it is to download an
installer exe from adobe.com.  This has happened with FireFox and with
IE7, with both the Reader installer and the Flash Player installer.
I'm able to download pdf, dmg, and exe files from other sites with no
problems.  Still, it could be pure coincidence.  Even when the CPU
maxes out, the system is responsive (start programs, logout, restart,
etc.).

-Dean