I've replaced the screen on an Inspiron 6000.   It's not particularly
hard, but will take some time.  I suggest having a number of small bowls
or cups for the different size screws and a process to remember what
came from where.  You will be taking apart the bulk of the computer in
order to do it.  Take your time, be gentle and go slow.  You'll want a
small variety of philips head screwdrivers.

-Bryan