Good morning,

I'm a School of Library and Information Management student at San Jose State
University.

I'm currently taking a course on collection management and am working on an
assignment in which I will be creating an "Opening Day" collection for an
academic medical library.

The hospital library in my city uses the Doody's list to ensure that they
carry the basic core titles pertaining to the needs of their clients.

This is what I'm wondering:  is Doody's a core titles list used by most
health sciences libraries?

If not, what other list of core titles could you recommend?

Thanks for your help.  It's interesting being part of a listserve.

Marian Ramage