I worked with a fellow physics librarian on this problem several years ago and we found the same 'infuriatingly inconsistent' practices in the S&T literature. It would be nice if publishers added a link from the original article to the errata ... in BOLD at the top of the record on their website.  For example:

=================

This article has an erratum: [erratum]

Electron impact excitation collision strength for transitions in C II
S. S. Tayal
A&A 486, 629-636 (2008)
DOI: 10.1051/0004-6361:200810055

==================

The American Chemical Society has a 'addition/correction' link along with supporting information, etc. (which should be better highlighted).

Multi-Emissive Difluoroboron Dibenzoylmethane Polylactide Exhibiting Intense Fluorescence and Oxygen-Sensitive Room-Temperature Phosphorescence
J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2007, 129 (29), pp 8942-8943

Abstract
Full Text
HTMLHi-Res PDF[278 KB]
Supporting Info
Addition/Correction
Figures
References
Citing Articles

Although some others (e.g. Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society) don't even provide a clue on the original article web page ...

Dana L. Roth
Millikan Library / Caltech 1-32
1200 E. California Blvd. Pasadena, CA 91125
626-395-6423 fax 626-792-7540
http://library.caltech.edu/collections/chemistry.htm