I'm a little stumped on this one, so I'm turning to you all for help.  The patron wants to know if there's any instructions out there for the best way to put together halo traction assemblies when attached to a wheelchair or for use with a walker.  I looked at PubMed, CINAHL, and Google, and came up with one article on taking an evidence-based practice approach to a manual for halo use with wheelchairs, so I might be able to track down said manual. I've come across a lot on efficacy of use, but that's not what I need. I don't think it has to be in the literature per se; it could be just a matter of what other hospitals are doing or some sort of detailed instruction sheet.  Any help you can provide will be appreciated.

Lisa
Elisabeth E. Rowan, MSLS, Medical Librarian
Shriners Hospital for Children, 1900 Richmond Road
Lexington, KY  40502-1238 USA Docline: KYUSSR
vox 859.266.2101 x 1299 - fax 859.268.5636 - email [log in to unmask]
'Properly, we should read for power.  Man reading should be man intensely alive.  The book should be a ball of light in one's hand.'~Ezra Pound

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information for the use of the designated recipients. If you are not the intended recipient, (or authorized to receive for the recipient) you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please destroy all copies of this communication and any attachments and contact the sender by reply e-mail or telephone (813) 281-0300.