I was in the lab and tried to take stock of our machines, it actually
looks like we done have anything worth donating.

Stripped and recycled:

3x Dell Optiplex mini towers
1x FLat Style Dell Optiplex
1x tower of unknown make/origin

Stuff we have, but isnt up and running:

Dell Precision 620 - pentium 3 1.0 ghz 256mb ram DVD, No HDDs, boots,
has ubuntu 8.1 CD in drive

NEC PowerMate Pro2200 - Some kind of server, seems to be complete, no
video out but turns on

HP Vectra Xu -  2x Pentium Pro...seems mostly complete, too cool to
toss.

2x big dell server - not sure about them. mek and i had the one near
the door running once, but i think the drives were bad (?)

2x SG Iris Indigo - havent tried turning them on

Imac (blue) - boots os 9.1 works great has photoshop...great machine!!!

Imac (red) - boots, no hdd, i think someone pulled it last semester,
can be fixed?

Stuff we might be able to get rid of:

Garak + Big Garak - ancient hard drive enclosures, not sure if anyone
wants to keep them

Some massive battery backup - looks partially  disassembled, seems
like a fire hazzard, can we get rid of this? battery needs to be
disposed of correctly.

Compaq Presario (fairly new) - mostly stripped, its the silver and
black one thats been floating around...bad mobo?

Paper tray from a copy machine - where did this come from??

Epson stylus color 640 - in a box, no clue if it works.

HP 25000 CM - the monster printer on top of the back table...does it
work? can we get rid of it?

Machines coming in:

I went down to Votey122 but didnt see anyone around to ask for that
machine

I have the three Big suns at my house (grant st downtown) and need to
get them up here somehow (i can take them in my vw one at a time, but
wont be able to carry them to the elevator on my own)

Cluster Project Plans:
been doing more reading, I think we can have it up pretty soon, but
once its up what are we going to do with it? how are we going to cool
it? i don't have any cooling ideas, but in terms of a use for it I was
looking into some ways to volunteer processor time (BONIC projects
specifically), as of now, SETI@home and SIMAP@home(which is a similar
project to fold@home) seem to be the only ones with a SPARC client,
and both may require replacing our debian installs with freeBSD or
openSolaris (hopefully someone with a better understanding of this
than I can confirm this). . . quite a pita, but if it has to be done I
don't mind doing it.

Beer:
lets drink it!  hack your mood/vision/balance/judgment!