We have one card for vitals - it has a line for birth, marriage, and death.  It doesn't say anything about bride/groom etc., just a place to indicate who they married.  We used the same ones for civil unions, and just drew a line through "married" and typed "civil union".  I type the cards in word and print them on plain white cards - it's much simpler.  Then if someone is born, married, and dies in the same town (that still happens) all the information is on one card.

-Bobbi