We have a flyer in the office that speaks to the VT Residential Energy
Standards Certificate.  It states that builders are to provide a copy to the
VT Dept of Public Service and a copy is to be recorded in the land records.
They provide a toll free number to call 888-373-2255  and also a number for
the VT Dept of Public Service 800-642-3291. They might be able to help with
the Commerial question as well.  We do record any Residential ones that
appear.  We have not received a Commercial one yet.

Barb Taylor
Asst Town Clerk

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Annette Cappy
  Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2009 1:34 PM
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Subject: VT Commercial Building Energy Standards Cert

  Maybe this question has come up before.  If so, sorry to repeat it.

  I have received a VT Commercial Building Energy Standards Certificate.  No
recording fees accompanied it.  I seem to recall that a few years ago the
Residential Certs. were to be recorded, but in searching the statutes can't
find anything that currently says either needs to be recorded.  The cert.
simply says that the Dept. of Pubic Service and the town clerk "shall be
provided" with a copy.

  So, we no longer record?  What do we do with them.

  Annette Cappy
  Brattleboro Town Clerk
  [log in to unmask]