  _____

From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Amy Deutl, Moretown Treasurer
Sent: Monday, August 24, 2009 1:23 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Payments to delinquent taxpayers

Does anyone have a policy concerning payment of funds (i.e. employees or
subcontractors) to delinquent taxpayers? Voters are concerned that the
Selectboard is paying people to work for the town who also have a delinquent
tax bill due.  I'm wondering if it would be 'legal' to withhold an amount
from the employee's or subcontractor's payment in lieu of delinquent taxes
owed.

Thanks,
Amy

Treasurer