Hello Clerks,

I received a bill for our annual Accuvote machine maintenance. We will
not be using the machine again until September 2010 as there are no big
elections and it is much too expensive to use this machine when we have
the people to count ballots.

Since we weren't going to be using the machine this year, I decided not
to schedule a maintenance visit - I have had to cut my budget per vote
of the taxpayers at Town Meeting (5% reduction of the General Fund
budget). While I was out of the office last week, the company called and
scheduled a visit for this week.

Do I need to pay for this annual $175 maintenance visit twice (2009 and
2010) when the machine is sitting in its case in our vault? Is anyone
else planning to only do one maintenance visit before September 2010?

Thanks, in advance, for your insight.

Heidi Racht