We always deposit it and refund the overpayement.


Sandra B Harris CVC/CMC
Vernon Town Clerk
567 Governor Hunt Rd
Vernon, VT 05354

-----Original Message-----
From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Huntington Town Clerk - Heidi
Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 2009 8:41 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Recording overpayment

Hello Clerks,

We are usually tracking down more money for recording, but just had an 
overpayment of $20.

Do you:

1. keep it
2. return it and ask for new check
3. deposit it and refund

I have already deposited the check, so

1. keep it
2. refund to law firm
3. refund to property owner
4. other

Thanks for your help and experience.

Heidi Racht