________________________________

From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Lyndon Town Clerk
Sent: Thursday, August 20, 2009 10:32 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Tax Abatement

Can the purchaser of property request a tax abatement on property they
purchased after April 1st, or does the owner of record as of April 1st
need to request the tax abatement?  New owner is tearing down a building
and is seeking a tax abatement but can they since their name is not on
the tax bill?

Thanks,

Lisa in Lyndon