24 VSA §5143 states that we can’t turn off someone’s water if we have a
certificate on file from their doctor that such disconnection would be a
hazard to the health of the ratepayer or a resident in the home.  But
there’s nothing about how long this certificate is in effect.  Do other
municipalities require occasional updates to certificates?  Can we legally
ask for a new certificate?


Carol D


Carolyn S. Dawes

Barre City Clerk/Treasurer

Barre City Hall

6 N. Main St., Suite 6

PO Box 418

Barre, VT  05641

(802) 476-0242

(802) 476-0264 fax