24 VSA 5143 states that we can’t turn off someone’s water if we have a certificate on file from their doctor that such disconnection would be a hazard to the health of the ratepayer or a resident in the home. But there’s nothing about how long this certificate is in effect. Do other municipalities require occasional updates to certificates? Can we legally ask for a new certificate?


Carol D


Carolyn S. Dawes

Barre City Clerk/Treasurer

Barre City Hall

6 N. Main St., Suite 6

PO Box 418

Barre, VT  05641

(802) 476-0242

(802) 476-0264 fax