The Board can abate for taxes on property destroyed after April 1st.
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Holland Town Clerk/Treasurer
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, August 20, 2009 11:54 AM
Subject: Re: Tax Abatement

Speaking as a lister, I would say not.  They are taxed by what is on the property as of April 1.  Mobile homes that move out after April 1 still have to pay a full year of tax....

Diane H Judd
Holland Town Clerk/Treasurer
120 School Rd
Derby Line VT 05830

------- Original Message -------
From : Lyndon Town Clerk[mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent : 8/20/2009 11:31:40 AM
To : [log in to unmask]
Cc :
Subject : RE: Tax Abatement

Can the purchaser of property request a tax abatement on property they purchased after April 1st, or does the owner of record as of April 1st need to request the tax abatement?  New owner is tearing down a building and is seeking a tax abatement but can they since their name is not on the tax bill?
Lisa in Lyndon