Does anyone have a policy concerning payment of funds (i.e. employees or subcontractors) to delinquent taxpayers? Voters are concerned that the Selectboard is paying people to work for the town who also have a delinquent tax bill due.  I'm wondering if it would be 'legal' to withhold an amount from the employee's or subcontractor's payment in lieu of delinquent taxes owed.
Town of Moretown
P.O. Box 666
Moretown, VT  05660
Phone: 802-496-3645 Ext. 2
Fax: 802-329-2200