Hi Carol,


Please post them as a kindness to your political party organizers.  You are not required to do anything with them.  We sent out a bulletin to the parties in July reminding them of all the steps they need to take to organize every odd numbered year.  We also sent a copy of the memo to all town clerks just so you would know what had been sent.  Many party organizers will call the Town clerk to ask questions so we provide the background information to clerks.


Best, Kathy


Kathleen  S. DeWolfe

Director of Elections & Campaign Finance

Office of the Secretary of State

26 Terrace St.

Montpelier, VT 05609-1101

(802) 828-2304

Visit us at http://www.sec.state.vt.us, click on Elections


From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Carol Dawes
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 4:37 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Political Party caucus notices


As a relatively new City Clerk, please let me know what I’m supposed to do with the notices of political party caucuses that I’m starting to receive.  I assume I can post them, but am I supposed to do something else with them?




Carol D


Carolyn S. Dawes

Barre City Clerk/Treasurer

Barre City Hall

6 N. Main St., Suite 6

PO Box 418

Barre, VT  05641

(802) 476-0242

(802) 476-0264 fax