Reading this:

“A non-resident couple who does not intend to reside in Vermont after their
wedding may not marry in Vermont to avoid laws of their own state.  15
V.S.A. § 6.”

Sounds to me like it means that they may not marry in Vermont for the
purpose of avoiding their state laws – not that we don’t have the right to
marry them.

Doreen

Doreen Woodward, Town Clerk/Treasurer

Town of Westminster