Reading this:

“A non-resident couple who does not intend to reside in Vermont after their wedding may not marry in Vermont to avoid laws of their own state.  15 V.S.A. 6.”

Sounds to me like it means that they may not marry in Vermont for the purpose of avoiding their state laws – not that we don’t have the right to marry them.

Doreen

Doreen Woodward, Town Clerk/Treasurer

Town of Westminster

3651 US Route 5