I think you are wrong about issuing a license to a same sex couple. i believe you need to wait until 9-1-09.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Bennington Town Clerk's Office
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Monday, August 03, 2009 09:20
  Subject: Re: marriage lic

  There are a lot of "what-ifs" during this transition.  What if two women come in today to apply for a Civil Marriage to be performed on September 15 and then they decide to do it on August 29th instead?  If they come in today, I am going to give it to them and technically it is valid today.  Should I be typing the dates valid only September 1 through whenever 60 days from actual date of issue is?

  Also, the same is said for people who came in last week prior to having the new forms.  I issued marriage licenses for September last week and am not going to track down these people and their out-of-state minister after the fact to do a whole new license form.

  Hopefully the Department of Health is taking this all into consideration and will be flexible with these scenarios.

  Cassandra J. Barbeau
  Assistant Town Clerk
  Bennington, VT  05201
  (802) 442-1043