Hi Nancy, it’s Penny from NEMRC – the way I am understanding it, clerks should have three separate forms – a marriage license, a civil union license, and now should have just received the civil marriage license.  All three forms are still good to use until September 1st, at which time the Civil Marriage License is the only one that should be issued….you’re welcome to call with any questions!  Thanks, Penny, NEMRC


From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of stamfdvt
Sent: Saturday, August 01, 2009 11:48 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: marriage lic


Hi Lyndon Town Clerk.  Did you ever get an answer to your question of June 18 to Rich McCoy regarding the new license?    Is the new license  for "civil marriage" (that we just received) going to replace the civil union AND the traditional marriage license?  One form fits all?  Thanks,  Nancy